- Length overall: 32ft 1in (9.78m)
- Beam overall: 10ft 4in (3.16m)
- Draft: 2ft 9in (0.85m)
- Weight: 4.96 tons (4500kg)
The Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925, built in c 2008 underwent a pre purpose survey and river trial. Jeanneau (Europe’s largest builder) produce an extensive range of sports cruisers for the inshore and offshore market. This Merry Fisher 925 has a pair of Yanmar 260hp inboard diesel engines on conventional drives. She benefits from having two helm positions, both of which have good visibility around the boat as you manoeuvre.
The Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 is an express cruiser that owners typically ordered in the optional flybridge version. The boat doubles as a cruiser for family and friends or a practical sportsfisher. It offers the most spacious and roomy interior of any boat in its class. The large cockpit has teak flooring, an aft bench seat and a transom door to a bathing or fishing platform. There is ample accommodation with five berths in two cabins plus a saloon. The Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 offers a versatile, reliable choice in the second-hand market.
Out on the water she handled very well, both engines pulling strong all the way up to around 3600 rpm, giving her a top speed of approximately 22 mph. Noise from the engines is kept to a minimum with a good layer of sound proofing within the engine space and minimal exhaust note from the transom. At low speed she also handled well, turning on a sixpence in those tight spots. This vessel also benefits from having a bow thruster.
- A beautiful, speedy and reassuringly stable recreational boat, combining a spacious and comfortable interior with considerable self-sufficiency over long distances.
- Awarded the ‘Highly Commended’ accolade in Motor Boats Monthly after its initial launch. Low fuel consumption, good seaworthiness and good protection inside.
- Smooth and quiet. Engine noise is pretty nice, like a good car
- Very good visibility and comfort for long trips.
Inside, the accommodation is well presented. An open plan saloon / galley meets you when you first enter the vessel, moving forward there is a reasonable sized WC / shower room and 2 berth accommodation to the bow. The decks are reasonably wide for a vessel of this size which does not appear to affect the accommodation size inside. Stanchions and hand rails give you that sense of security as you pass round the boat whilst she is under way. All told, this was a very well presented vessel which had been well maintained.
On this Jeanneau Merry Fisher 925 the following items required attention:
- Fire Extinguishers Serviced
- Auto Bilge Pump Operation
- Carbon Monoxide Alarm Installed
- LPG System tested for soundness
For more information contact European Marine Services Ltd. Marine Surveyors & Consultants
EMS also undertake Boat Safety Inspections
Tel: 01603 327 123 www.europeanmarinesurveys.com