Fee £52 / hr – Following (or prior to) a survey it may be necessary to undertake static, river or sea trials covering satisfactory running and speed performance of engines. Engine temperature and pressure readings / measurements when engines are warm. Vessel handling and satisfactory operation of steering installations.
The following speed / engine trials are undertaken:
- Max rpm / speed trials run in both directions / against wind & tide
- Satisfactory operation of forward and reverse gears
- Emergency stop – passing from full ahead through neutral to full reverse
- Steering response / handling – Figure of eight steering performance
- General steering, control and gear operation
- All engine gauge readings recorded at determined RPM and photographed
It may well be acceptable to perform engine trials underload, whilst the vessel is moored alongside a suitable quay heading or mooring
We also perform ‘speed trials’ in the derestricted zone on the river with GPS speeds recorded
Please note we of course require the brokers / owners attendance and authority
Minimum time charged 1.5 hrs
Call us for further information and to discuss your needs.
NB: An engine oil sample analysis is always recommended where there are concerns